Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Welcome

This is the story of a 14 year old boy diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (on the Autism spectrum) and how we (his parents) are trying a new (to us) approach to his life. We've had a lot of tragedy and heartbreak and changes. Suddenly we have a teenage boy who has no consistent therapy and it shows. We don't want to put him on medication at this moment so we are going to exhaust all the alternative therapies we can and see where it takes us. This fall, Xavier starts high school. It is our goal to start the year with Xavier in the best shape possible - with focus, control and commitment. I welcome feedback as I take on this challenge. I will promise you that I will do things and probably say things that you don't agree with - that's okay. I am raising my child and you are raising yours.

No comments: