Friday, July 15, 2011

Update

I haven't really posted anything this week because there's not much to share. Xavier had a sleepover this week with the boy downstairs. We've been hesitant to let him stay over because Brady is 10 and Xavier is 14. The two boys are really close friends and have been for the last 2 years but I really am uncomfortable with the idea of a sleepover. Brady slept over at our house last week and Xavier stayed this week. We did talk to Brady's mom about our concerns. We really like Brady but I worry that something innocent will happen and an accusation would do irrepairable harm.
I know I may be over-worrying but last summer a Dad became irrate after finding his 8 year old daughter sitting on Xavier's lap at the playground. I know what he was implying. Xavier was heartbroken because he couldn't understand what he did wrong. Because Rob and I were both working, we wouldn't let Xavier go outside to play until we got home so it meant a long summer stuck inside. Rob's home this summer and that family has moved so Xavier is spending lots of time playing outside.
Because Xavier likes to play with the younger kids and pretty much avoids kids his own age, I worry. I worry a lot. Xavier is a sweet kid but it's a tough world out there. I'd hate for Xavier to get into trouble.
Well, the sleepovers had no problems. Xavier worked hard to give Brady privacy and be respectful and discreet. Xavier has bunk beds so there was no worry about where anyone was going to sleep except I think Xavier had Brady sleep on the bottom bunk and he slept in the closet (silly kid).
Xavier had his challenge course this week but ended up sick. He missed Monday and tried Tuesday but they brought him home early. We have an irritating summer cold going through our house - not enough to make us feel really sick but enough to drag on and on.

No comments: